- The call for the co-financing program for the translation and promotion of the publication of Colombian literary works in foreign languages, Reading Colombia, invites foreign publishers to apply to obtain the 12 incentives available for the translation of Colombian authors.
- Foreign publishing houses interested in acquiring the copyright, editing and translation rights of the 30 works included in the catalog may apply for a translation support bag of ten million Colombian pesos (up to 12 support bags Will be delivered).
“Reading Colombia – A selection of contemporary Colombian authors” is an initiative promoted by the Department of Strategy, Development and Entrepreneurship of the Ministry of Culture, in association with the National Library of Colombia (Biblioteca Nacional de Colombia), the R101 Theater and the Colombian Book Chamber. This strategy was born in 2018 with the aim of strengthening the publishing sector and disseminating works by national authors in the international market, through the sale of copyrights for translation and publication.
After announcing the 30 works that make up the fourth edition of the Reading Colombia Catalog. The organizers of the project announce that for this version 12 translation incentives will be given to works of fiction and non-fiction (story, novel, chronicle, biography, history, essay, epistolary), poetry and children’s and youth literature. For a total of $120,000,000 COP ($10,000,000 for each translation support bag). These values are subject to the corresponding legal withholdings.
Requirements and conditions to participate:
- Titles eligible to opt for co-financing must be among the 30 titles that make up the fourth edition of the Reading Colombia 2022 catalog (Here)
- The same applicant may not propose more than two titles.
- A title may receive up to 3 co-financing supports.
- Send at the end of the edition and publication of the book supported by the program, two copies to the Ministry of Culture and the Colombian Book Chamber.
Who can apply?
- Formally constituted for-profit foreign publishers. (Colombian publishers, authors or agents that own the copyright of the titles present in the catalog can act on behalf of foreign publishers, but the administrative procedure for the delivery of the co-financing resource will be carried out with the latter).
- The foreign publisher must submit the following documents:
- Contract for the purchase of rights from the Colombian publisher.
- Translator’s CV.
- Promotion and distribution plan for the translated work.
- The winning foreign publishers must include in the publication: the Reading Colombia´s logo and the text “Work edited with the support of the Reading Colombia program, translation co-financing”.
The stimuli will be granted in order of request, until all of them are delivered. The deadline to send the applications is December 15th, 2022, to the emails email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the call, please send a message to the following e-mails: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com